Prunus domestica - Plum Tree 'Rivers Early Prolific' - Rootstock 'St Julien A'
Plum Tree 'Rivers Early Prolific' - Rootstock 'St Julien A'
Purple-blue oval round fruit, mid season. Grafted onto St Julien root stock which is not strictly dwarf, which no Plum is, but is easily manageable. This variety of Plum tree is self-fertile.
• Non-evergreen fruit tree with green leaves and scented white blossom in Spring
• Other benefits: yellow foliage in Autumn. Blue fruits
• Wildlife attraction: bees
• Height & spread (approx.) at 10 years: 4m x 3m
• Position: likes sun
• Soil pH: all soil types
• Moisture: likes well drained soil, moisture retentive soil
• Winter hardiness: cold to -15c
Pollination - Group 4
Rootstock - St Julien A - similair habit to MM106 For bush trees growing to 12-15 feet/4 metres in maturity depending on variety. Trees start cropping in two years from planting and are in full cropping after 5-6 years. Can be grown as a bush tree or trained as cordons or espaliers. Fruit can be grown in the lower half of the tree and can be picked from the ground.