Originating in western China, a wonderful exotic addition to your garden. Perfect as it will happily grown in part shade. Fresh green foliage with new purple tips in Spring. This is then topped off by clusters of creamy white scented flowers, flushed pink in bud, during summer. Once flowering is finished, steel-blue fruits are revealed that are surrounded by a pink-maroon calyx. Next the leaves turn butter yellow and drop for winter, but the fruits remain.
Thriving in fertile, humus-rich well-drained soil in full sun and in partial shade, it is well suited if you do not have full sun or even a woodland setting.
• Non-evergreen shrub with variegated green leaves and scented white flowers in Summer
• Other benefits: blue fruits
• Wildlife attraction: birds
• Height & spread (approx.) at 10 years: 2m x 2m • Position: likes sun
• Soil pH: Alkaline
• Moisture: likes well drained soil, moisture retentive soil